Every Canberran an engaged learner and a responsible citizen
To inspire and create opportunities for students to be engaged learners of Humanities
The Humanities department embrace the 3E Approach:
To Enrich, To better Engage, and to Empower students to Excel.
The teachers adopt strategies such as target-setting, collaborative learning, self-directed learning, group work, mind-mapping and discussion to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
Elements of Business Skills
Elements of Business Skills syllabus (EBS) is a subject offered to the Upper Secondary Normal (Technical) students. The subject aims to develop an understanding of:
- basic understanding of business activities in the travel and tourism, hospitality and retail industries
- basic marketing concepts and customer relations skills
- basic employability skills for working in the travel and tourism, hospitality and retail industries
- analytical and evaluative skills and the ability to make judgements; and
- self and relationship management, social awareness and responsible decision-making
- EBS is assessed through
1) Written paper (60%)
2) Coursework (40%)